Wednesday, September 24, 2008

What to do?!?!

Ok this is a bit of a rant and most likely will be deleted but I just feel I need to get it out so I can maybe take a step back and figure it out.....

I keep finding myself in this relationship (NOT my hubby) where I feel like I am the only one ever working on it. I am the type of person that if I am close to someone, getting close or simply care about you I will want to be involved in your life. I will call you, email you, send a card just to make sure you know I care. I will report to you praises in my life, I will seek you out when I feel broken in hopes to be lifted back up. I also really look forward to providing those things for the person as well. I love when the ones I care about have awesome things going on in their lives and they want to share their joys with me, and I love caring for the ones I love if it is simply an email, phone call, watching kids, making meals, cleaning and so on. "Friends always show their love. What are brothers for if not to share troubles?"- Proverbs 17:17
So when I keep finding myself feeling like I am forcing this all to happen I really get hurt. I feel like maybe a little rejected. And maybe that is so?!?! I realise not all people are like me. People aren't in need of the types of relationships I like to provide and have. I have so many awesome friends that are absolutely fulfilling for my fleshly needs of friendship as well as my spiritual needs. They are biblical, encouraging, non judgmental, helpful, honest, loving and love me for me and enjoy our friendships. They aren't perfect and neither am I but I have been blessed with more then enough friends whom I adore. So why waste so much time wondering and trying to make this one relationship work?!?!? I am not sure other then that I must really care for this person. Which is weird because I feel if I never contacted this person again they most likely wouldn't be seeking me out. Maybe it is simply a "how could someone NOT like me" deal and my pride is just simply hurt.... It is probably the latter and my pride is crushed which means I probably need to get myself in check! Maybe I am reading into this too much and the person just simply isn't like me when it comes to relationships. All I know is I have spent way too much of my time trying to figure it out.

I guess it boils down to I have my expectations on what love is:
Our love must not be a thing of words and fine talk. It must be a thing of action and sincerity (1 John 3:18).and I must realise that is not what others live their lives like! I need to be true to myself and God most importantly and if it is in God's will for us to have a relationship then it will happen and I need not rely on this person for validation because only my Heavenly Father can give that to me.

No comments: